Video has to be one of the best ways to increase exposure and build your brand, especially using the power of YouTube.
- The latest research shows that:
- Content with visuals get 94% more views
- Visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared on social media network
- The average person reads only 20% of text on webpages
I have been involved in video for the past 10 years and uploaded my first video to YouTube when it started. I now have over 600 videos, millions of views and 6,000 subscribers.
Here are some of the things I have learned along the way:
- Content is king. It is all good and well having funny videos of cats for views, but in a business situation people are looking for good content that is relevant to the
- Sound quality is really important, if the sound is bad they will stop watching immediately
- A year ago I would have said that the length of the video should be less than 2 minutes. Latest statistics show the average viewing time is 36 seconds. Saying that, once again it is about the content. I have uploaded webinars that are an hour long and had great success because the content was important and compellin
- In the first few seconds tell them why they should be watching the video and what they will get from it.
- Have a call to action at the end of the video with your contact details and a live link to your website. Also tell them to comment, like and share your video as this will help with your views.
- Kick start your videos. I normally spend $10 on YouTube AdWords and $25 on Virool Promotion
- Have a great thumbnail that will catch attention and tell views what the video is about – take a look at http://jvz3.com/c/16130/132567 which will take you to YouTube Graphics creator which I use all the time
- Have a great headline for your video. Again I use a tool that can be seen at www.simpleheadlines.com
- Once you have uploaded your video, remember to promote it through all your social media channels
I will be bringing out more articles on how to use video and YouTube effectively and also take a look at my Masterclass that I am running in venues around the world - http://frankfurness.com/video-a-youtube-masterclass
Frank Furness CSP is a Video Marketing & Social media presenter and author of two best-selling books.
He has educated, entertained and inspired audiences in 54 countries. His publications and resources have been sold globally. His YouTube channel www.youtube.com/salestips has over 600 videos, millions of views and over 6,000 subscribers. For more information or to sign up for the free ‘Sales Tips & Ideas’ newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org and for resources take a look at http://www.frankfurness.com and http://www.technologytoolsforbusiness.comNOTE: You're welcome to "reprint" this article online as long as it remains complete and unaltered (including the "about the author" info at the end), and you send a copy of your reprint to email@example.com Take a look at other articles, free software and e-Books at http://www.frankfurness.com/