Frank Speaking Live

Monday, September 25, 2006

September News


Well, she has done it, Candice has completed her five kilometre run for Beating Bowel Cancer in her best time. Can you imagine 22,000 people in Hyde Park and my wife doing so well, I’m incredibly proud of her, last year this time she was having chemo and radio therapy every day for five weeks and we never imagined that a year later she would be fit and healthy and running five kilometres. A huge thank you to everyone who sponsored her and helped her to reach over 200% of her target, we really do appreciate it.
I’m sitting on an Air India flight writing this, just returning from two weeks away, one in Dubai and one in India, so I’m looking forward to getting back home and going to gym to shed the excess belly and one of my three chins from all the fantastic food I have been eating.
Dubai was terrific as usual and I managed to get in ten marketing appointments while I was out there speaking. I had two speaking engagements in India, the Life Insurance Round Table convention in Cochin and Entrepreneurs Organisation in Chennai. This was the second time I have spoken for LIRT and I have to say that the Indian audiences are by far the best audiences I have ever addressed. I made so many new friends and if you ever want an excellent vacation, try Cochin (called God’s own country). We stayed at the La Meridien (one of my favourite chains) and as usual, the service was excellent. My room had a large balcony with a view of the pool and the backwaters (river), it truly is one of the most beautiful views you can imagine.
When I was a financial consultant, I was fortunate enough to see a legend speaking at a convention in South Africa, Mehdi Fakharzadeh. As a young man he moved from Iran to the USA and became one of the insurance industry’s top producers and speakers. In India I was thrilled when I heard that I would be sharing the stage with him. Spending four days with him gave me an insight into this incredible man, who at the age of 85 is still one of the best speakers I have seen. On top of that, only having four months a year left to sell (he travels all over the world speaking), he is still number one at Metropolitan Life and has been for years. Mehdi is one of those special people who touch everyone’s life that he comes into contact with. For all his fame, he has incredible humility, genuinely compliments everyone and has a knack of making everyone feel special after speaking with him. It was truly refreshing to watch and learn from him. Take a look at my interview with him).
I them flew to Chennai (was Madras) where I spoke to the Young Entrepreneurs Organisation. What a fantastic group of people, the average age was 32 and all have hugely successful companies. They treated me so well and I have to say took me to some of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The South Indian food is very much coconut based and absolutely delicious.
I am spending so much time on aircraft and in airports, that I am now tipping Candice every time she makes me a meal.
Product creation is going well and my new product, the 15 CD set called Sales Strategies for Financial Advisors sold out immediately on the pre launch. More in the newsletter on the special offer for anyone who is a financial advisor. My new Ebook ‘How to Create and Market Products’ is almost complete and should be launched soon, and once again will be an overload of information on how to create multiple sources of income
Take a look at my interview with Mehdi

No comments: