Monday, January 05, 2015
Presentation Skills Tips | Practical Tips for International Speaking | Sales & Marketing Presenter
· If speaking in a country for the first time, ensure you have all the details of the venue and mobile phone numbers of the organizers. If something goes wrong or your limo is not there to pick you up, these are essential.
· Check that you have the correct visas. Very serious immigration officials with machine guns once delayed me for four hours in the Czech Republic because of visa problems.
· When checking into a hotel, ensure that the organizers have arranged payment. Sometimes they fax booking confirmation and not payment information to the hotel. This happened to me in Japan and I was given a massive bill.
· Ensure that you have a rock sold, signed contract and receive payment before the talk. It can be difficult chasing your payments from 10,000 miles away.
· Allow for jet lag. If you have a 13-hour flight and a 10-hour time difference, you will not give your best performance without a rest. Take a natural herb tablet called Melatonin that sorts out the body clock immediately. Before flying have an aromatherapy massage and keep the oils on your body.
· Try to take day flights, you can get a lot of work done and arrive in time for a good night’s sleep
· Pack lightly (easy for men). I often to international speaking tours that involve 10 to 15 presentations and 10 international flights, you do not want to be lugging heavy suitcases around with you. For me it is one suit with 2 trousers, 5 lounge and 5 casual shirts, shorts, underwear, socks and toiletries. Every hotel can quickly do any laundry and often I will find a laundry shop near the hotel at half the rates. Many times I travel with hand luggage only and I don’t need to wait around to collect my luggage at airports
Frank Furness CSP is a Sales & Social media presenter and author of two best-selling books.
He has educated, entertained and inspired audiences in 54 countries. His publications and resources have been sold globally. For more information or to sign up for the free ‘Sales Tips & Ideas’ newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org and for resources take a look at http://www.frankfurness.com and http://www.technologytoolsforbusiness.com
NOTE: You're welcome to "reprint" this article online as long as it remains complete and unaltered (including the "about the author" info at the end), and you send a copy of your reprint to email@example.com Take a look at other articles, free software and e-Books at http://www.frankfurness.com/